NL-3584 CS Utrecht,
phone: ++ 31 30 - 2 53 3371
phone: ++ 31 30 - 2 53 4281 (secr.)
fax : ++ 31 30 - 2 53 4511
E-mail: f.a.j.verstraten(the usual)uu.nl
Verstraten, F.A.J. (2011). De wereld van onze Psyche. Den Haag: Home Academy Luister CD - 4CDs.
Frank Wijnen & Frans Verstraten (eds) (4th revised edition, 2nd printing 2009]). Het brein te kijk: een verkenning van de cognitieve neurowetenschappen.
Awards ... and things that I am just happy about
- Recipient Teacher of the Year Award 2003, 2005, 2008 - Psychology Utrecht University and runner up or shortlisted in 2004, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2011 - Psychology Utrecht University
- 1990 - Nominee Undergraduate Thesis Award - Faculty of Social Sciences - Radboud University Nijmegen.
- 1994 - PhD awarded Summa Cum Laude - Utrecht University
- 1994 - Recipient Talent grant by the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO).
- 1994 - Recipient Niels Stensen Foundation grant.
- 1995 - Recipient Dissertation Award by the Dutch Psychonomic Society (NVP).
- 1997 - Recipient Research Fellowship by the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts & Sciences (KNAW).
- 2002 - Recipient PIONIER grant by the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO).
- Excellent students like, Maarten van der Smagt (Recipient Dissertation Award 1999 by the Dutch Psychonomic Society (NVP) and VENI grant); Eva van den Broek (recipient best Thesis Award Cognitive Artificial Intelligence 2003);
Chris Paffen (Recipient Veni and Rubicon grant); Bjorn Vlaskamp (Recipient Rubicon grant);
Ryota Kanai (Recipient of CalTech Dissertation award 2005, the Dissertation Award 2007 by the Dutch Psychonomic Society and, nominee for the ASSC
William James Prize) ;
Hinze Hogendoorn (Recipient Vliegenthart Thesis Award by the University Alumnifund);
Marjolein Kammers. (Recipient of the <> Award); Marnix Naber (Recipient Rubicon grant 2012).
- Vision Science, perception: motion perception, adaptation, attention, binocular vision, illusions, neuro-imaging, Artificial Intelligence.
- History of cognitive (neuro)science. (see
- Perceptual aspects of Advertising & Marketing Communication.
Lab Publications (under construction)
Ph.D. recipients and Graduate Students
Click here to see the list.
- Here is a photo taken in 2005 showing 4 'generations'. It is a bit complicated...
On the left you see Charles de Weert, who was my undergrad supervisor. Charles was a undergrad of professor Maarten A. Bouman, standing next to him. Maarten Bouman was also the PhD supervisor of my PhD supervisor Wim van de Grind (the right of me) and Jan Koenderink (right of Wim).
Jan Koenderink was het PhD supervisor of Susan te Pas (next to Jan on the right). Susan was also a post-doc with Charles de Weert and a co-supervisor of Chris Paffen (sitting next to Ryota Kanai). Both Ryota Kanai and Chris Paffen were supervised by me. Go to www.neurotree.org if you don't get it anymore...
Left to right standing: Charles de Weert, Maarten Bouman, Frans Verstraten, Wim van de Grind, Jan Koenderink, Susan te Pas. Front row Ryota Kanai & Chris Paffen. Click here for the larger version.
Click here to see more.
Back to department..